The focus of this class is the upper body and the Metal element, traditionally associated with the season of Autumn. Yin gives us the chance to slow down and allows the body space to repair itself naturally. The Metal element brings awareness to our breath (Prana/Lung Qi) when we can breathe freely and effortlessly our lifeforce is vibrant. The shapes in today’s class draw awareness to the upper body and the meridian sinews that may awaken the Metal element within. Autumn is a time for letting go and releasing all that we no longer wish to carry forward into winter. Kat will guide you through the process of self-reflection around these philosophies as you melt into the shapes.
Preparing for class:
• Make a space with enough room around your yoga mat to spread out.
• Choose your favourite relaxation music as this video does not contain a soundtrack. Search Spotify for Yin||Peace or Yin||Calm by Kat.
• Turn the lights down and let people know not to disturb you. Put your phone on flight mode or ‘off.’
• Not essential but setting the scene by diffusing your favourite oil blends – I love Lavender, Bergamot & Frankincense.
• Remember to work within your own capabilities, stop if something hurts and manage any injuries.
• Don’t forget to relax and have fun, it’s only yoga!
• Please, consult with your medical doctor or health care professional before beginning any exercise course. If at any time during the class, you feel discomfort or strain, gently come out of the posture. You may rest at any time during the class. It is important in yoga that you listen to your body, and respect its limits on any given day.
• You understand that yoga includes physical movements. As is the case with any physical activity, the risk of injury, even serious or disabling, is always present and cannot be entirely eliminated. You are voluntarily participating in the class and you agree to do so at your own risk. You hereby agree to irrevocably release and waive any claims that you have now or may have hereafter against Kathryn Gregory and all related facilities and premises for any personal injury or negligence. Additionally, Kathryn Gregory is not in any way responsible for any loss or damage of your personal property.
• You understand that Yoga is not a substitute for medical attention, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Yoga is not recommended and is not safe under certain medical conditions. By participating, you affirm that a licensed physician has verified your good health and physical condition to participate in such a fitness program, if required. Please note, some exercises are not suitable for pregnancy and we recommend a program designed specifically for pregnancy.